cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
4748kpat
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Forgot pass code on hp 8 tablet

HP Recommended
Hp 8 tablet

I can't remember  my pass code and need to get into tablet to factory  reset it.. how do I do this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,076
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @4748kpat, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have forgotten the password to log into your tablet.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your tablet?

Please provide the product number of your tablet to assist you better.

If you have forgotten the password, you will have to perform a factory reset and start fresh. Performing factory reset will result in loss of data.

Please try the steps recommended below to perform a factory reset on your tablet.

With the tablet powered off, press and hold the volume up (+) button and power button at the same time for about five seconds.
The HP logo is displayed and a few seconds later the Android system recovery menu is displayed.
When the Android system recovery menu displays, use the volume down (-) button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.
Press the power button to select.
The screen displays Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. Use the volume down (-) button to highlight Yes -- delete all user data.
Press the power button to confirm and begin the reset.
A recovery system screen shows the reset process. Wait for the reset process to complete.
When the screen displays the message Data wipe complete, highlight reboot system now, and then press the power button to select.
Wait for the tablet to reboot.
The factory reset is complete. Set up the tablet by following the steps in the HP support document Setting Up Your HP Tablet.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a factory reset on your tablet.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation