cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gus_G1
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP 35s drains batteries after a few months of use and with no memory stored in the calculator.

HP Recommended
HP 35S

Hi,

Back in May 8 year I purchased the HP 35S caculator. I then noticed a few months later that the calculator would not turn on .I thought the calculator was defective, but it turns out after replacing the batteries it turned on. I found it odd that with the batteries provided by HP and the fact that I had nothing stored in my calculator's manual that the battereis had to be replaced so soon. Anyways, I decided replace the battereis with the Maxell Lithium brand, which have a nominal capacity of 220mAh. The expiration date was for either 2019 or 2020. The calculator was hardly used.

Now today, I noticed again that the cacluator will not turn on. I don't have any batteires on hand, but I am more than certain after replacing the batteries that it will indeed turn on. And same as before, I hardly used the calculator.

So I want to know, is my calculator defective? Do I need to try a different brand of batteries. I did some reading in this support forum and the only thing I found is that with a lot of memory stored in the calculator, the batteries will last under a year.

Could this be related to the battery drain issue experienced with the HP-50G due to a bad batch of capacitors?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gus

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RPNFAN
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have the issue that my HP35S drains battery very fast.  It didn't always do this.  But I put in fresh batteries and then a few days later when I need to use my calculator, it will only stay on for about 10 seconds. 

0 Kudos
Gus_G1
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I sent you a private message.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation