Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite X2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After completion of Bitlocker when we restart the laptop my HP Elite X2 1012 G1 requesting Bitlocker recovery key.I had disabled and reenabled the Bitlocker but still the same issue...Even I downloaded the latest version of BIOS but problem not yet solved.This is a new product purchased for our office and stuck for deployment due to this issue...

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

We are having the same issue with trying to deploy Windows 10 x64 on this device. I'm out of ideas.

HP Recommended

I also have this problem. Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks, Gary

HP Recommended

Are you saying that you have went to

Start -> Configuration Panel -> System and Security -> BitLocker Drive Encryption.

Then chose "Suspend Protection", then "Resume Protection" and the issue continues to happen?

I will pass along the question to others to see if anyone has other ideas.

HP Recommended

@GaryKn and others, If you are still having problems with Bitlocker on the X2 ...

It has been suggested to contact HP Support directly for a warranty issue.

It appears that some of these models released had this issue which could possibility lead to other problems.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Just a follow up since my last post.

It was just suggested to my by an HP employee that HP has been looking into the issue with Microsoft.

Until they can find the culprit, if your machine is having issues with Bitlocker, they  recommend not using Bitlocker for the time being.

I know that's not the solution you are looking for, but Its all I have to pass on at the moment.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I appreciate the feedback and your research, Photoray002. I am reaching out to my HP Enterprise support person as well. The problem occurs on first reboot whenever BitLocker is enabled during an sccm task sequence. If I skip BitLocker and try to manually enable it after the operating system is fully deployed, it mysteriously fails a test it does on reboot and refuses to encrypt.

Thank you again,

Gary

HP Recommended

Gary or Potoray002-Any word on a fix for this issue? Our campus just received its first x2 and have the same issue. Bitlocker via sccm requires recovery key at every boot. When done manually, the bitlocker test fails. If i skip the test, I can encrypt but then need to enter recovery key at every boot again.

HP Recommended

Hello community,

i have the same problem. Has anyone get it fixed? Is HP involved in this problem?

With this restriction, the product can not be used.

Greats

HP Recommended

Just checking in to say I have not heard anything on the issue still. I might not get any word sent to me directly, but I will check in periodically with those I can until I do hear something.

With that said, know that I am just a volunteer so I am not in the direct loop of info. Sorry  😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.