Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If having problems, be sure to reset BIOS to defaults (as you evidently have), but after a restart also reset Security to defaults. It is called Restore Security Settings to Factory Defaults and is at the bottom of the Security tab in the BIOS.

Be sure to follow all prompts after restart to complete the reset.

HP Recommended

We just got another batch of X2s in, and unfortunately we are still having issues. We have applied 01.18 Rev.A released on Sept 15th and still get prompted for recovery key when deployed in legacy boot mode....secure boot mode works without a hitch. Looks like it's time to contact our friendly neigborhood HP rep.

HP Recommended

Hello! Here's how we got our to work on the thumb drive to instlal the image without bitlocker constantly nagging. Be aware that you must use a FAT32 USB stick (exFAT, NTFS) won't work, MDT will fail out with errors. Also make sure your MDT supports TPM 2.0 (1.2, 1.4 dosen't work). Also-you'll want to create an image specifically for the Elite X2. Why? because FAT32 has a maximum single file size of 4 GB, which means if your .wim is over 4GB it's going to fail out during deployment.

#1-Login, decrypt Bitlocker. Update BIOS to latest, 1.18 I believe.

#2-REnter BIOS-reset all BIOS/Security/TPM to factory defaults. In Security, scroll all the way to the bottom and reset it. In TPM, clear the keys to factory default.  Save, reboot several times.

#3-Very important-Set in Secure Boot- set to Legacy DISABLED, Secure Boot ENABLED. Save, reboot. 

#4-Insert your FAT32 formatted image of Windows 10 Enterprise (ensuring no file is over 4GB, including your .wim).

#5-Have fun. 

As for the aniversry update, after I domain joined I could download that manually. Hopefully this is a temp work-around until a proper BIOS is released from HP.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Apologies for replying to an outdated thread, but this issue was driving me insane and I have finally found the solution for it so tought I would share it and hopefully help others who run into the same issue.

The TPM version of our HP Elite X2 G1 tablet was set to 2.0, while this is not supported in legacy boot.

I downloaded the TPM configuration utility (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78910.exe) and installed it.

I then went to the folder containing "TPMConfig64.exe" and went into the folder "Firmware" and copied the file "TPM20_7.40.2098.0_to_TPM20_7.61.2785.0.BIN" (or a similar one depending on your version) to the root folder containing the EXE.
After then running the EXE it will perform a downgrade of the TPM to the version specified in the .bin file.
After the reboot I then copied the file "TPM20_7.61.2785.0_to_TPM12_6.41.198.0.BIN" to the root folder containing the EXE and ran it again. This performed the actual downgrade of TPM 2.0 to 1.2.

After running these commands, no more issues with bitlocker on all our HP Elite X2 devices!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.