Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello HP support, I require a response.

Upon purchasing the Elite X3 for Verizon , which came with the desk dock I also purchased the lap dock. 

I'm reading that the HP Lap Dock Wireless Settings app from the windows store does not display as compatiable with the Verizon model. From the sounds of others sharing online, that app is required for updating the firmware for both the lap dock and the desk dock. 

I have factory reset the device and did not perform a restore. This still leaves me with notifcations for firmware updates while using either the desk dock or laptop but no way of apply them.

I'm giving 10 business days to resolve this with HP, at that point if no resolve, these items go back and I refer to HP's lack of support for the reason.

UPDATE: after doing more research, the issue is related to only the CDMA versions of the Elite X3. And it stems from not being able to download the HP Lap Dock app from the Microsoft Store. The Windows Store lists the app as "This app is not compatible with this device."

No matter doing a reset from the desktop app and not restoring any backups.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/hp-lap-dock-wireless-settings/9nblggh44029

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Working with some people from Windows Central forum:

They provided the GSM registry values:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargeting Info]
"PhoneBootloaderVersion"="520291"
"PhoneFirmwareRevision"="0002.0000.0037.0001"
"PhoneFriendlyName"="Windows phone"
"PhoneHardwareRevision"="1.0.0.0"
"PhoneHardwareVariant"="FalconBaseUnit"
"PhoneManufacturer"="HP"
"PhoneManufacturerModelName"="Elite x3"
"PhoneMobileOperatorName"="000-88"
"PhoneModelName"="Elite x3"
"PhoneRadioHardwareRevision"="1.0.0.0"
"PhoneROMLanguage"="0409"
"PhoneROMVersion"="1.0.0.0"
"PhoneSOCVersion"="8996"
"PhoneSupportLink"="http://www.hp.com"

Here are the ones on the CDMA that are different:

"PhoneBootloaderVersion"="300051"
"PhoneFirmwareRevision"="0007.0000.0030.0024"
"PhoneFriendlyName"="HP Elite x3"
"PhoneHardwareRevision"="PV1-V"
"PhoneManufacturerModelName"="Elite x3 Verizon"
"PhoneModelName"="Elite x3 Verizon"

HP Recommended

Any luck with this?  Just got a Lap Dock from Microsoft,which has old Firmware from 2016.   Same problems you are having with my Verizon phone.  

Maybe I can locate someone with a GSM Elite X3 in Atlanta that can help me with the update?

HP Recommended

Hello I bought a GSM model because HP support basically is non-exisitent. Even reviewing HP's previous responses from when this phone was first launch really are making think twice about EVER buying an HP product.

As for using the GSM model to update. Still get the same notifications, i was able to perform one update but like mentioned still update notifications. 

HP Recommended

Which version did it update the lapdock to, and did you use the HP Device Hub on the GSM model to do it?

Guess having  newer firmware along with update notifications is better than old firmware with the same notifications.

HP Recommended

No, this is not related to Verizon or CDMA. I have an unlocked GSM version of the phone in Australia with the same problem. I see others on the forum studying log files and registry entries to figure it out, but when I check the compatibility in the Store, it says that the app is only compatible with X64 architecture. Clearly the X3 is not X64. Someone at HP or Microsoft should change/fix this.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.