Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X3
Other

My phone was working fine until I got updates and now it won't power on at all. I tried all methods.. jumping through the hoops and still will not work. What can I do?Could it be a charging issue? I feel I got stuck with a $350 paper weight. It was a great phone when it was working. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

Have you find a solution! My HP died last year in the same condition. HP really don't car about this abandoned device. Never used continuum mode really as phone get toot hot.

HP Recommended

I haven't found a solution yet. I took it apart and found 2 screws were missing and battery wasn't mounted properly. HP had design flaws on the phone and didn't assemble it properly. I read if it's a battery issue, you need to replace both the battery and the chassis. Also it needs to be resealed to standard as well. I used continuum and it was awesome while the phone worked. It was both HP and Microsoft that ditched the phone. Microsoft don't want to continue with the Windows 10 for phones, which makes me wander why they would buy a phone manufacturing company.HP tried to do an Android version though and failed on it also. I need to test the battery and see if it was the battery or it not mounted properly. Pus possibly find a new chassis and the missing screws. 

HP Recommended

I found out the battery wasn't secured properly. I put battery back in and hooked up the LCD screen and put on the dock and it powered up. It works great again. I just need to get the battery on right, seal and get it back together the right way and it should work again. I think the battery on yours may have same issue. It's not attached to the chassis. Too movement of battery because it is loose.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.