Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-17-2016 08:58 AM
I understand that the QR scanner for Whatsapp and Wechat is not working properly on the HP Elite X3 phone. I see in this forum that other people is trying to download external software to help solving this but without luck. Its essential for me to use Whatsapp web, any chance you can help a.s.a.p??
10-17-2016 10:28 AM
had no luck with current camera driver although other QR scanning apps do their job, correctly.
meatime we are waiting for a new firmware update please try the beta whatsapp application (that seems to be open to everybody now):
10-17-2016 10:39 AM
Thank you for swift reply. I just downloaded the Betaversion and deleted the old whatsapp. Nothing changed, it`s still not working, the scanner does not work for Whatsapp web. It`s a big problem since most of communication is going through whatsapp now..
10-17-2016 06:06 PM - edited 10-17-2016 06:15 PM
The Beta version of whatsapp is the Italian version and not available in our country. yet others report that they still have the same issue. the problem is defiantly with the camera and its numerous attempts to refocus to scan.
I have attempted to scan several QR’s and all seem to fail. Would really like to see this fixed sooner rather than later.
note I have tried:
- magnifying the image to reduce the refocus attempts
- used 3 different monitors to see if the resolution could improve the scan
- used the whatsapp pc install and the web based version on ie, firefox and chrome
Yet, my android Huawei picks it up 1st time no issues.
Would love to see a “turn of focus” option or similar
10-18-2016 02:41 AM
Microsoft just released a new camera app for those on fast ring. it should be worth a try on web whatsapp page..
Microsoft today released a major update to its camera app for Windows 10 devices in the Fast Ring. This new update v1016.11 comes with updated UI, new Time lapse feature and more.
10-23-2016 02:33 AM
Dear HP - this issue lasts for nearly 2 months. Why don't you team up with WhatsApp and work on the solution - this cannot take that long to fix it. If you launched a product that you never meant to support - why have you even started?
10-23-2016 05:44 AM - edited 10-23-2016 10:25 AM
I decided to spread my voice out loud at this point.
I gave HP full trust in purchasing at full price, like other did here, this X3 phone that was announced as a flagship for WM business users.
unfortunately HP didn't attend to our expectations.
as an early owner of this HP Elite X3 and owner of an Lumia 950XL at same time I'm able to do fast comparison between the devices:
1. web whatsapp issue QR Code reading: as other said it is completely unacceptable that HP didn't fix this issue as many business users make large use of the web whatsapp platform for their business (HP.. believe it or not!);
2. Snapdragon 820 optimization is nowhere: my Lumia 950XL SnapDragon 810 has, at least, twice the speed in every common tasks compared to the Elite X3
3. several camera issues
4. fingerprint sensor issues.
this message will spread over most WM/Smartphones Forums:
- XDA-developer (as I'm a XDA developer)
and many other.