Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite 1000 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After having a few minor but anoyoing issues and had updated all drivers as a last resort I updated the BIOS following HP's guidlines. I have updated hundreds of BIOS in the past being a service engineer for many years so this was not new to me. After successfully updating the BIOS when it restarted the first thing on the screen was "Product Information not valid". Next, without pressing anything and waited a while it eventutally progressed to a second page (pressing Enter does it straight away) which at the end of this page says "FOTA Capsule Update Process Fail", it then restarts over again with the same messages. See pics.

I also have a productivity jacket with USB ports and I have tried creating USB with DOS startups, Window PE, Window Media Creation 32-bit and 64-bit, microSD, DOS with USB Floppy drive and it does not boot from any of it, and yes they are USB2 and not 3 and partitions are FAT32. It just won't respond to any of the F-keys, Esc or Vol-Down button, contineously restarts with "Product Information not valid" page. The only way I get to power it down to break the loop is to hold down the "Windows" key and the power button for a few seconds.

Lots of people are say hold this key and that key but the fact is on a number of sites I have noticed the same issue and that it doesn't respond to these key in order to select a boot option. It doesn't boot the OS or enter the BIOS and HP doesn't seem to be picking this scenario up. HP PLEASE HELP :indifferent:

ProdInfo_Invalid.jpgFota_Capsule_Fail.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I'm an electronics design engineer and assembly programmer and often program single chip microcontrollers so I'm wondering when these pads are programmed for the first time, what does HP use to program them as the onboard IC's will not be responding in the same way as a programmed IC? That is what I require as the onboard embeded software is not responding to anything.  Any thoughts anyone....?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.