cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PandaDave
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP F860 car camcorder SD "card error"

HP Recommended
HP f860c Car Camcorder
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi,
I am getting a "card error" when inserting an SD card into my brand new F860 car camcorder. The SD card is newly formatted, and I have tried other SD cards but get the same error. The cards I have tried work fine on an Android phone, and MacBook.
Firmware f860_v3.00.01_cn

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,591 12,375 1,298 4,165
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @PandaDave

Only thing I know of is that you need to format up to a 32 GB SD card in the camera itself, not on Android or Mac.

If you are doing this and its still not working, I dont know whats wrong.

Support for those cameras are actually through DigiLife, a third party company linked to HP.

http://hp-imagesolution.com/contact

PandaDave
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ah perfect @Photoray002

I missed that in the manual. The f800 specifically says "max size" 32GB but mine is "reccomended 32GB" which probably translates to 32GB only in badly written instruction manual speak.
0 Kudos
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,591 12,375 1,298 4,165
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes, that is meant to be max size.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation