Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

After installing new BIOS update and restarting, the tablet will not boot with just a black screen.  Pressing the power button has no effect.  Holding the power button for 10-15 secs a small vibration.  Hold for another 10 secs a long vibration and tablet turns off.

Is there a key combination to press to enter BIOS recovery mode in this situation?  Diagnostic mode? I have a USB stick with the BIOS recovery HP_TOOLS on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I love my Omni10!

Kind regards,

Adam

175 REPLIES 175
HP Recommended

i have the same problem from the last bios update F.08rA, system will not boot and i cant launch system repair bios recovery tools.  I have the hp sd card with the recovery img but not way of launching it.

System boots to the folling msg:

Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating systm on your hard disk.

Hard Disk (3F0)

F2 system Diagnostics

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem!!!

I upgraded to windows 10 and found some drivers were not installed under windows 10. Then I found there is a bios update (F08.A) ready  and I updated it. After updating the tablet always showed: " Boot device not found" during booting. I have to use a booting flash disk with windows PE and bios diagnostic program to check it. The internal hard drive (SSD) disappeared in bios and windows PE and so that it can not boot up.

I believe the bios upgrading caused  the loss of recognization of internal SSD.

Please help us!!!

HP Recommended
Lyger and frogjovi... Do either of your tablets still present you with the blue HP boot logo or anything showing on the screen after power on? Mine is just a black screen, absolutely nothing on screen! Does not even get to a 'Boot device not found' message (or anything for that matter)

😞
HP Recommended

There is no blue HP boot logo. Only black screen with "Boot device not found".

I have to use a windows 8 flash drive to boot with pressing power and volume down then choose reboot to UEFI.

Then you will see HP UEFI bios setup with logo. The bios can not recognize the SSD. very disappointed...

HP Recommended
I attached a keyboard and can get into the uefi bios screen by pressing hold of the esc key during post... But all option return me to the same msg as before...
I will attempt a bios downgrade and report back...
Looks to me like the TPM chip is frizzed...
HP Recommended

I have tried to downgrade bios to F.0E but F.08A bios blocked downgrading....

Even re-flasing F.08A bios failed during booting.

We need HP official help!

HP Recommended
Any combination key to enter to bios recovery on hp pro tablet 610 G1? All I got is black screen after updating Bios.
HP Recommended

Same issue with the O10-5600US version, updaing to BIOS version F.08 causes the tablet to no longer recognize or boot from internal storage. This guy is a little too large to even use as a paperweight.

HP Recommended
Sucher: Do you manage to fix it?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.