Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
After contacting support via @HPSupport on Twitter and directed to the support website my only option is to call UK support on 0207 660 0596 with a case number.
I can not afford an overseas call from my mobile phone (I am in Australia)- I am a student and relied on this tablet for my Uni work... Come on HP please join this thread and help us out!
HP Recommended
They just upload a file which crash our tablet and silently no response! Hp service?
HP Recommended
Dear mate,

I solved the problem. Please try these steps:

1. Run your tablet till 100% discharge (0% battery).

2. Charge it to full 100%

3. Press power + bottom up + bottom down at the same time till the your tablet vibrate (long vibrate, not short one) , release your press and you will see th screen of Bios recovery, and wait for the automatic process of bios recovery.
(If you don't see the screen, try again and again, like my case)

4. You can log into windows.

Hope you try this and got luck like me.

I almost send my tablet to local repaire service but luckily I got it worked.

Good luck everyone!
HP Recommended

Hi SonicR,

Congrats!

But I still have not succeeded.

After I flashed new F.08A bios released today under windows PE on my flash drive, the tablet always shows black screen.

I just followed your methods (discharge and charge not included), but there is always a short vibration after long vibration and the screen is still black, no bios recovery screen.

Is dishcharge and charge necessary to perform this method?

Thanks a lot!

HP Recommended
Dear Frogjovi,

I don't know whether discharge do the trick or not, but I try to press key before doing discharge, I had no luck at all.

After I discharged my tablet completely by connecting to external hard-disk (whatever device which can eat tablet energy fast). I charged it to full over night. In the morning, I try again by pressing Power + volume down + volume up till short vibrate and keep holding till long vibrate I release the keys in 1-2 after long vibration. My tablet screen show some sort of bright but still not boot into bios recovery. After few attempts, I got it worked.

Please try to do it many times!

For discharge process, I think you don't need to do it again. Just do it once, and try the key combination.
HP Recommended
Same issue for me....trying to discharge the tablet and i let you know.
Anyone called hp Call center? What Do They say? I don't use it for farmville! Do they understand it?
This will be the last HP purchase!
HP Recommended

On the phone to HP Support now... hopefully have some news to update this thread soon.

HP Recommended

Have to wait for further contact (call back or email) regarding this situation from HP so no news yet unfortunately guys.

HP Recommended
Thanks!
I tried the fix of discharging and a new message appeared "flash boot Block". And nothing more!
I discharged last night and kept It all night long this way, Now on ac. When it's charged i'll try again the fix.
HP Recommended
Hi guys, I'm in the same boat as all of you. I upgraded to windows 10 with no problems. I used it for about an hour really liked it on omni10. I decided to do the bios update because when I tried it on windows 8 it kept failing, I installed the bios and it told me to restart my tablet, upon restarting it asked me to type 7222 and press enter to carry on the update, I plugged my keyboard in and done so. Now my tablet doesn't switch on and states that there is no operating system, it allows me to enter diagnostics by pressing F2, from here I can run a memory test and hard drive check and thats about it. I done both, memory test was fine and the hard drive check mentions something about usb device as primary device. As mentioned by another poster earlier I discharged and now I'm in the process if charging it back to 100%. I doubt it will work.
I was doing some research and found out that this problem occured with other laptops from HP, there is a way to downgrade the bios on laptops and PC which solves the problem and I believe this is what the previous poster accomplished by holding down the power and volume up and volume down buttons, it does take many tries apparently. There is also another way to downgrade the bios and that is using the HP_TOOLS file, the author of this post mentioned he still had the files, I would be grateful if you could upload everything in that micro sd card so we can all download it, I think that might be our only way to downgrade. I had that file but unfortunately lost it and I don't think HP will help me as my warranty expired in march this year, although I don't think that is fair as HP are responsible for this not me so they should have some responsibility in our cases.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.