Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x2 12
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
There when I put the charging cable into the tablet, the indicator goes orange then blinks after 2-3 seconds. Thinking it may be a battery issue, I did the following:
1. Removed the front LCD panel
2. Disconnected the battery
3.Held on to power button to discharge the remaining power.

When I replugged the charger into the tablet with the battery disconnected, the indicator would be white, and blinks every 2-3 seconds.

Could it be a mother board issue? Im really hoping it isn't 😕
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Also I forgot to mention, it does output a high frequency sound every few seconds as if trying to boot repeatedly when on battery without the light indicator on.

HP Recommended
I recounted the seconds and it blinks about every 10 seconds
HP Recommended

@CTse26

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the charger light is blinking about every 10 seconds,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt to first plug in the wall outlet and then in the laptop to check if it works?

Did you check with an alternate wall outlet or adapter?

While you respond to that, here's what I recommend:

For the battery light blinking repeatedly, I have included the following document 'Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps', Once you do have the link open, click on Battery power LED blinks' and follow through the steps.

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.