cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
EarlofSabden
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Pavilion X2 Detachable won't start

HP Recommended
10-n107na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP Pavilion x2 will not boot from start.  I have used FN + F11 to boot to the recovery modules, from these, options to recover files, delete files, re-set the PC = nothing works.  The reset starts but fails on 54% with just a failed to recover message.

I have via the ESC key and the BIOS selected various recover options but none work.  All ask for my password, as I must have set one I have no idea what this is.

The laptop just starts and loops back to start with no Windows logo, no desktop icons, just a background light then the HP centre logo then and it starts its loop.

It either you guys for help for i hand over £70= to PC World!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

The Earl of Sabden

HP laptop.png

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
Retired
Retired
22,744 22,731 1,371 1,398
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EarlofSabden

Welcome to HP Support Community

Since the Recovery Manager is not working, I suggest you contact HP Support for the Recovery Media to reload the Windows

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

I also suggest you run a Hard drive Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality first

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Hard drive

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation