cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Divyanshu_15
Level 1
13 9 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Slate 7 stuck in rebooting loop. Cannot update via ADB or external SD card.

HP Recommended
HP Slate 7 6102ra VoiceTab
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

Can someone please help me with my HP Slate 7 voicetab? It's stuck in a booting loop where it boots then the HP logo comes and there are waves behind the HP logo. Once it's over, screen goes blank and the loop starts again.

I suspect corrupted OS and I tried to install the ROM given on HP's software and drivers site but to no avail. The Android system recovery reads,

"E:Failed to mount /cache (Invalid Argument)

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command"
These lines are repeat in random order. I tried to install stock ROM using ADB and external SD card but it gives another error,

"E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid Argument)

E:failed to set up expected mounts for install; aborting

Installation Aborted."

And then the above 2 errors of failed to mount and ca't mount. Please help me to install stock ROM on my device so that it can at least boot up. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation