Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP SlateBook 10 x2
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

Hi,

My old tablet has problems and i want to reset it to factory default.

When i do this and the system reboots it comes back online and nothing is deleted.

I am 100% sure it is not a user mistake how to reset the tablet to it original state.

The problems i am having is: constant reboots, when i delete/uninstall apps after reboot they are all back, regarding if i delete them or not. Also when i go in to recovere and do a format of dalvik cache and data after reboot the tablet is back in the same state before the format including all apps, accunts and settings before i removed them.

It seems something is corrupted in the system image or memory, to exclude that the tablet is hardware defected i would like to try flash it back to its original state (it is unrooted and running last released official image) using the original rom and  recovery tools.

I wanna try to flash the image using other methods then (settings -> backup and restore -> system restore).

Where can i download the last recovery image to try and instructions how to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RSb3rt
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

To restore factory settings:

• Turn off your computer and plug in the AC adapter.
  • To access Settings, touch the All apps icon, and then touch Settings.
  • Under PERSONAL, touch Backup & reset.
  • Under PERSONAL DATA, select Factory data reset, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Click here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03814226.pdf to know more about factory resetting.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

that does not work as i already mentioned.

When i perform the factory reset as desribed the tablet reboots and comes back online in a previous state, so nothing is resetted and apps and setting which i even deleted earlier are also back!!

HP Recommended

@RSb3rt

Thank you for posting back.

This sounds like an OS related issue. I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the Tablet physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.