Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
t620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have thin client model -t620 with 4 GB physical RAM installed and 2.9 GB is usable.

I would like to know best memeory management:

RAM The total RAM of a thin client is generally divided into 4 functions:

• Main system memory- ?

• RAMDisk - ?        (Max 768 MB)

• Write filter overlay/cache - ?

• Dedicated video memory -  1G is set 

The other thing is HP write manager configuration, here we can choose one from "HP Write manager" or "Unified Write Filter (UWF)". But whe we use HP write manager and set ovrlay size 768 MB and RAM disk also set to full 768 mb then system will not work propeply even maximum set possible to 768 MB. My question is which one is good to use as UWF environment?

I am bit confuse, is the HP Write Manager is RAM based overlay and UWF is disk based overlay ?

But when using UWF and here we can set  600 MB or 1000 MB  any  values by default it was 2000 MB.

Actually i am facing low memory and its only one drive C which is ptotected by write filter so also not possible to create page file. 

I will be thankfull if someone help me for best memeory management and set values.

Thanks in advance!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.