cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kverder
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP pen issues

HP Recommended

tldr:

The battery wrappers in both my HP pens keeps getting stripped and I find metal filings inside the pen. The pen will occasionally just stop working for a few minutes.

Hi, I've had some problems with the HP pen and wondered if anyone has had the same experience.

When it works, it works great. But sometimes the pen will just decide to go on a coffee break and refuse to do its job. It always starts working again but a bug like that isn't acceptable for a $50 pen.

After a while I bought a second pen as a spare, hoping I just got unlucky, but that one has the exact same issue.

I got new batteries for both, had no effect. 

The top part of the battery wrappers were stripped, and after a few weeks, the same happened to the new batteries.

When I opened the pen the first few times it didn't open smoothly, making a grating sound. I found a lot of metal dust sitting in the screw coils.

I assume the metal filings or the battery stripping cause the pen to bug out and since I've got the same problems with both pens I'm going to blame the pen design. Would love to hear from HP if they have a solution

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation