cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Revsps
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP tablet PC sending invalid HTTP methods

HP Recommended
HP x2 210 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I think this is a tough question to ask, but I wonder if there is an HP champion out there that can answer?

I have an HP tablet that is sending out packets with invalid HTTP methods to HP servers, which is in turn triggering alerts on my IDS.

Here is the invalid method/command in question:

LIST http://www.hp.com/ HTTP/1.1

The problem is that 'LIST' is not a valid HTTP method. I wonder if GET was the intended method?

Here is a list of valid HTTP methods.

Does anybody know which HP software is doing this and/or why this particular method is being used?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation