I have a purple hp stream 14 laptop that I am giving away to someone else so I am trying to hard reset it and wipe off all of my data and information. While resetting the computer it always stops at around 46-49% and gives me an error saying that no changes where made to my computer. I'mnot understanding why it's doing this. When I click cancel it brings me to a black screen and nothing else happens. I sit and turn it off and on and try the whole process again. This is my fourth time trying to reset the laptop. Please help
I have an HP Stream 14 that will not complete a factory reset. It gets to a certain percentage and then stops and gives an error message that the reset encountered a problem and no changes have been made. Help!!
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.