Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Slate 10 hd
Other

Hi. It seems I am unable to download anymore documents onto my tablet. The internal memory is full. How may I delete some of those documents I no longer need? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi. Yep many thanks. I've pressed down and held for a couple of seconds on each document downloaded and the trash can icon appears in the top right hand corner. I am now able to delete those documents no longer needed and free up some space. Thank you once again for your invaluable help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

See if your tablet has a "Downloads" icon, which will list all the files you have downloaded.  Files can then be highlighted/selected and then deleted.

If not, go to the Play Store and install one of the many free file manager apps.  My personal favorite is "File Manager HD".  It works similarly to Windows Explorer, and is handy for transferring files wirelessly to and from other devices.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Hi.Many thanks for your response. Yep I do have the downloads icon and can select anyone of my downloads but what\how can I delete them? I can't seem to see any function which will allow me to delete any particular file.

HP Recommended

@Bouncyking wrote:

Hi.Many thanks for your response. Yep I do have the downloads icon and can select anyone of my downloads but what\how can I delete them? I can't seem to see any function which will allow me to delete any particular file.

I don't have a 10 HD in front of me right now, but as I recall you highlight the file, then either look for a "Trash Can" icon or tap the options icon (3 little blocks vertically stacked) and look for the word "Delete".

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Hi. Yep many thanks. I've pressed down and held for a couple of seconds on each document downloaded and the trash can icon appears in the top right hand corner. I am now able to delete those documents no longer needed and free up some space. Thank you once again for your invaluable help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.