Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi can you help me ?my touchpad only shows plug in will not power on or off

HP Recommended

@jh5767 wrote:

hi can you help me ?my touchpad only shows plug in will not power on or off

If by this you mean that the screen displays a plug, that generally means that there is not enough power to boot the device.  It needs to be plugged into a wall outlet using the power adapter which came with it.  Connecting to your computer's USB port will not charge the TouchPad.

If your TouchPad does not seem to be charging even though it is plugged in using the correct charger, then you might need to obtain a new one.  Before doing that, you could try using a different cable with a mini-USB connector, to see if the cable is defective.

You can find other threads discussing power issues in the webOS Hardware and Software board which was recently re-located here under Other HP Products.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended
Thank you the charger was not working
HP Recommended

Hi all, since we now have a dedicated section of the Forum for webOS devices, could a Moderator move this thread into the webOS section?

Thanks!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

mastack i reoot my hp touchpad webos .now i open connot display. only light open and close  plz tell me salotion

HP Recommended

i reboot my hp touchpah now connot display, only light open then close plz tell me salotion

HP Recommended
plz tell me salotion i reboot my hp touchpad noe not open
HP Recommended

Please only post once, we will see your questions and reply if we have anything to offer.

Try to force another reset, with the TouchPad plugged into a wall outlet with its correct charger.  Hold the Power and the Center button down at the same time for at least 20 seconds until the HP logo appears, then let go of the buttons.

The restart takes several minutes.

If this is not getting your TouchPad to restart, you may need to download and run webOS Doctor to reinstall the operating system.  To do this, you will need to log in to your webOS account here.  You'll see a button on the right side of the screen to Manage your webOS Account.  Sign in with your email address and password used to create your webOS account.  Select Device Options, then download webOS Doctor and follow the instructions.  This needs to be done on a computer that is connected to your TouchPad.

Hope this helps.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended

My HP Touchpad (16gb) bought in July, 2012 has frozen completely, no keys are working, I have a gray screen that never changes no matter what I do, this happened while I was online sending a email earlier today. Help!!

HP Recommended

What happened when you followed the instructions in this thread?

(Press and hold both the power switch and center button together for around 15-20 seconds until the HP logo appears).

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.