Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-27-2020 07:27 AM
I AM TRYING TO SET UP WINDOWS HELLO FACE BUT IT SAYS CAMERA ISN'T COMPATIBLE
Camera must be of the higher-grade IR type camera.
Windows Facial Recognition
What to do?
Determine your computer model / Product Name
Open Support Home
Enter the name of your device
Windows Face logon requires the high-grade IR camera
Hello Face requires that your particular computer include the correct type of camera to support the "Face" feature.
Method – Use PartSurfer to check the components in your computer
PartSurfer might be able to tell you exactly which parts came with your computer.
- For best results, use the Serial Number for your search
- Reminder: Do NOT post private information (including serial number) here on the Community)
- Select your Country
- Search for your computer / printer / device >> See HINT
- Need Help? Tab Self help > find and open the User Guide and FAQ
How to use PartSurfer:
- Select your region / country - PartSurfer must know your general location
- Enter your device Product Number , Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
- HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
Look the results for “WEBCAM”
NOTE: Some newer models may list the device as “camera”
Method - Check your computer to find the type of camera
Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager
Open Category Cameras
Method – Check Settings for “Windows Hello Face”
Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options
If Windows Hello is not available, you will see a message:
Windows Hello Face
This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts / Procedures), Product Information (Specifications)...
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) aCategory > Topic > Subtopic
Open Support Home
Enter the name of your HP device
Thank you for participating in our HP Community.
We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.
If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .