Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Stream 7 5701
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I am attempting to reinstall my HP stream 7 tablet with a clean installation of Windows 8.1 but there is a problem. When I boot into the Windows installation media I do not have touch screen support. Because of this, I am unable to go through the installation of Windows and have to power cycle it. I have since used a program called NTlite to inject the Touch screen drivers into the installation media. I extracted the drivers by running the command "Export-WindowsDrivers" in Powershell. This works great and got me all the drivers that I needed. After creating a new ISO and writing it to a USB I booted the USB and again the same problem. I made sure to install the driver to BOTH of the boot images on the ISO. What do I need to do so that I do not have to grab a USB hub and plug in a USB keyboard and mouse to install Windows? I would also prefer to add the drivers to WinRE so that again I don't have to grab a USB mouse and keyboard to use recovery.

Please remember to select the answer
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dudefoxlive Your computer might have three types of System Recovery available, or it might have only two. Use the recovery type that resolves your issue without making more changes than necessary.

• System Recovery: This option reformats the system drive (usually C:), reinstalls the original operating system, and reinstalls all the original hardware drivers and software.

WARNING: 

If the size of the OS partition (usually C:) was reduced below a minimum size requirement, other user-created partitions are removed and stored data is destroyed.

• Factory Reset: Factory Reset removes all partitions, reformats the entire hard drive, reinstalls the original operating system, and reinstalls all the original hardware drivers and software. This option also recreates the required Recovery partition (usually D:) and reinstalls the required software. The factory reset recreates the required Recover Partition (usually D:) and all other required partitions.

The Factory Reset option returns all of the computer's software to the condition it was in at the time of purchase. All user changes or additions are removed.

• Minimized Image Recovery: Available on many of HP's notebook computers, the Minimized Image Recovery reinstalls the original operating system and hardware drivers, and reinstalls essential HP software such as HP Support Assistant and HP Recovery Manager.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.