cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DasLiz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Intel Turbo Boost not Detected

HP Recommended
Hp 242 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

System Model : HP 242 G1 Notebook PC

Processor : Intel Core i5-3230M

BIOS : InsydeH2O version 03.72.48F.07

Problem:

My laptop product description says that may laptop have Intel Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz. But my laptop says otherwise. I had my laptop plugged, set it to performance mode in power profile, and run stress test. But it only reach my base clock at maximum, 2.59GHz.

I worried that Turbo Boost is not working, so I tried to install Turbo Boost Monitor 2.6 as suggested by people from internet. But the program says this computer does not have a processor with intel turbo boost technology capability.

I tried to enable it manually from the BIOS but the option is no where to be found.

My laptop used to run with 64 bit windows 7 but I have it upgraded to 64 bit windows 10.

Please, any suggestions would help.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation