Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank Wireless 450
Android 6.0 - 6.0.1 Marshmallow

Just purchased an HP Smart Tank Wireless 450.  connected to my PC and that prints fine.  Downloaded HP Smart App from Google Play but having difficulties connecting to WiFi

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@dlmc

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you're unable to print from your Android phone,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Is your Android phone is connected to same Wi-Fi as your printer?

What is the error message while trying to print from the phone?

Did you download HP Print Service Plugin?

For Android: Download the HP Print Service Plugin (supported by most Android devices) from the Google Play Store and enable it on your device.

Let's try these steps to resolve:

1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the Phone.

2) Wait for 60 seconds.

3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.

4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.

5) Turn on the Phone and check the functionality

You can use the HP Smart app to set up the printer on your wireless network.

On the home screen, tap the Plus icon and then tap Add Printer. Follow the onscreen instructions to add a printer to your network.

Let me know how this goes,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,

And your device is up and running again,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Flower_Bud,

In answer to your questions:

• My Android Phone is connected to same wifi as the HP Printer.
  • I can’t print from my android phone, having difficulties setting up, never had access to a wifi printer before.
  • I have downloaded HP Print Service Plugin, It is on, It states “searching for printers” then prompts “Unfortunately  HP Print Service Plugin has stopped”

I followed steps you provided to set up my android phone to connect to printer, phone connected to wifi, and followed prompts from HP Smart App.  I was prompted “Search for Printer Location permission is required to search nearby wifi printing direct or setup printers.  Your location is not determined and no location information is being sent to HP.

Earlier I did try to set up WiFi Direct online but it wouldn’t accept my printers claim code that I was given.

I initiated search for nearby printer, I was prompted “No Printers found in setup mode”, the printer was on and I’d set up as directed.

I have now been prompted on my android – “PROBLEM – connecting to your printer is taking longer than usual.  Tap wait to continue waiting for the connection.  Or tap exist setup to skip printer setup at this time”

Would really appreciate some direction, tearing my hair out, never had such difficulties previously setting up hardware.

Regards

HP Recommended

@dlmc

Thanks for the reply,

It looks like you were interacting with @Flower_Bud, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 
I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service.

Note: Printer and the device you printing from should be connected to the same network.

With the HP Smart app (formerly HP AIO Printer Remote app), you can set up your printer on a wireless network. You can also print, scan, and troubleshoot printer issues.

Use this link: https://hp.care/2rFGZXF to print from your Android.

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj, followed your direction but still not connected.

My Printer is connected to my D-Link Router wifi, I know the password to access this, have used many times for my various devices and it works.

My android phone is Version 6.0 and is also connected to the D-Link wifi as is my printer and is enabled.  my data connection on my Android is switched off. 

As directed I turned my printer on, the wireless icon is showing on the printer screen.  I put the printer in setup mode ie pressing the wireless button with the cancel button for three seconds, the wifi button is flashing.

I accessed Hp Smart App which I've downloaded on my phone, and followed instructions.

Opened Smart App, selected + - searched for printer but none found.  Selected Set up a new printer. 

My printer Smart Tank Wireless HP-Setup> 92-Smart Tank Wireless appears.

I select the above, a Connect Printer to Wi-Fi screen appears ie "D-Link, requests enter wi-fi password".  This I do.

The screen moved into a connecting screen, Finding the printer is activating, then a Problem Screen appears, "Connecting to your printer is taking longer than usual".

Tap Wait to continue waiting the connection or tap exit setup to skip printer setup at this time.

I've selected Wait and the same screen appears.

Tries to re connect and the Problem screen reappears.  Select Exit Setup.  The Exit Setup screen appears.

1.  Make sure your mobile device is connected to the wifi network.  It is.

2.  On the app Home screen, tap the plus icon then refresh the list of network-connected printers, this I have done.

I rebooted my android phone and Smart Printer, enabled WiFi direct on printer, re loaded HP Smart app, followed direction, it asked me for my wifi password, this I entered, I was prompted "Unable to connect using this password".

I am quite confused with all of this.  The Password I'm using (the SSID) has connected all of my mobile divices to this wifi.  But it won't connect my Android phone to the printer even though the android is connected and works well on my Wifi?

Confused, please.

Linda

HP Recommended

Hi, Ive managed to resolve connecting my android device to my printer using WiFi Direct.  I'm connected through wifi to my router, all good.

I had to uninstall all software and then reinstall.  I now have a problem relating to connecting to the Web Service.  Initially when I first installed my printer I was provided with a print out providing a web page email address for my printer, and a printers claim code.  In the set up online it asks for my claim code.  The one I was provided with initially ie oopfa348ami44 I inserted by it was rejected.  I've checked online re obtaining a claim code but all the information is so overwhelming.  

Can you assist.

Regards

Linda

HP Recommended

@dlmc

Thanks for responding,

I am glad to hear that you were able to connect the phone to the printer. To connect the printer to web services, follow these steps: 

Disabling web services:

1. Print a configuration page from your product, and locate the IP address.
  2. At your computer, open a Web browser and type the product IP address into the address line and press Enter. The HP Embedded Web Server opens.
  3. Click the HP Web Services tab.
  4. Select the option to disable Web Services.

Enabling Web services:

1. Print a configuration page from your product, and locate the IP address.
  2. At your computer, open a Web browser and type the product IP address into the address line and press Enter. The HP Embedded Web Server opens.
  3. Click the HP Web Services tab.
  4. Select the option to enable Web Services.

Once completed, follow steps from the link to set up HP Connected Account: https://hp.care/2uaUt0O.

Let me know 🙂

Cheers 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.