Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-07-2018 07:05 AM
02-09-2018 01:43 PM
Good Day. Thank you for posting your query in the HP community. I read the post regarding issues with the battery. I will be delighted to assist you here.
Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
- Did you update the bios and chipset drivers?
- Did you run diagnostics on the battery?
- Does your computer work correctly with only the charger plugged in?
For now, please try these steps:
Please uninstall the ACPI battery drivers from device manager by following these steps:
- Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Batteries>then select all the drivers including the ACPI drivers and uninstall it one at a time. Then restart the computer and check again.
Then update the bios and chipset drivers from this link http://hp.care/2syreDe and follow the on-screen instructions.
Now check if the issue gets fixed.
- For further assistance, please follow all the relevant steps that match your current issue from this link: http://hp.care/2syheXK
- Also, make a note of any failure code for a failed component like the battery or adapter (charger)
If the problem persists, then please check this link out to improve battery performance. There is an associated video included as well. Link HP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows 10, 8, 7):http://hp.care/2syuGOs
This should do the trick for you.
If your battery or the charger fails, then contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
- Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
- Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
- Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
- Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.
If the computer is out of warranty for more than 3 years, then please contact a local Best Buy or Staples technician to get it repaired as service options with HP may not be available. This is because the original suppliers and manufacturers of the parts that are supplied to HP don't do so anymore and hence service options are not available.
Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as“Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
02-09-2018 02:11 PM
I reviewed the post. It is great to have you back. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated. You've displayed a commendable presence of mind, immaculate attitude coupled with a great resolve to try and fix the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂
. You are a valued HP customer and trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. It has been an absolute honor to share this platform with you and a genuine pleasure to work with you. Please break some good news that is music to your ears and mine. I will keep my fingers crossed.
I hope things work great for you. If this helped, to simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee