cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
aloha333
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Recommended
Envy dv6
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Envy dv6 laptop -    Unable to log on - keep getting same message, “unable to log on at this time” check your password or log into account.live.com to change password-

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,946 18,948 1,350 1,561
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @aloha333

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Did you forget the login password?

HP recommends using a Microsoft connected account (MSA) to log in to Windows. With a Microsoft connected account, you log into Windows using your email address and the password can be reset using a different device at any time. You do not need a Microsoft or Hotmail email address to set up a connected account. Any email address will work.

To reset your password for an MSA account follow these steps:

1. Open an Internet browser and navigate to the Microsoft Reset your password Web page: https://account.live.com/password/reset.
  2. Select I forgot my password, and then click Reset your password.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.

When the password is reset, you will be able to use your Microsoft account with the new password to sign in to Windows 10 and Windows 8. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet before you attempt to sign in.

For more information about recovering your Microsoft account password see:

Reset a local user account password in Windows (all versions)

If you are using a local user account HP cannot recover or reset your password if it is lost or forgotten.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation