Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@CherylG wrote:

Actually my Motorola phone uses micro-usb on one end and standard usb 2.0 on the other, Sony digital camera also has one, WD My Passport also. You can grab one here:

http://www.staples.com/Monster-Digital-Life-High-Performance-Micro-USB-High-Speed-5-ft/product_91239...

Thanks.  I feel a little better knowing at least the cable is available.  What I'm most worried about is the port on the TP, though.

HP Recommended
i have been getting this same problem, i had to hold the usb connection down and it charged, but not it wont charge at all. will try another usb cable first, but ive been reading up about this, and it seems to be a known fault with the usb cable/usb port on the touchpad.
HP Recommended
update, ive just tried another micro usb cable from my phone, and its def the cable, the touch pad charging fine now.
HP Recommended

@ram1009 wrote:

@CherylG wrote:

Actually my Motorola phone uses micro-usb on one end and standard usb 2.0 on the other, Sony digital camera also has one, WD My Passport also. You can grab one here:

http://www.staples.com/Monster-Digital-Life-High-Performance-Micro-USB-High-Speed-5-ft/product_91239...

I don't know about the other devices but the connector on my WD portable is a mini not a micro.

HP Recommended

Was having the same issue. I have been having issues here and there getting the USB to connect and charge. Yesterday morning, no matter what I did I could not get it to charge. After doing some reading, I reset the connection on the AC charger, no dice. Then I tried the USB cord from the hubby's BBerry....viola! It's alive!! The connection is still a bit wobbly, but feels more secure than it was before. Thank goodness this worked, because working on a laptop kinda sux after getting used the the tablet.

HP Recommended

I was having the same issue. Tried the chat with webOS customer service but they couldnt help me. They gave me a Chat ID and asked me to call the voice support. Voice Support folks asked me to rule out the issue with cable but I had no way of doing it. So they asked me to send in the TP. But I preferred to first rule out the cable issue and wanted them to send a replacement to me. They are sending one now. Between I realized that the same cable is used for Samsung Galaxy S2 mobile. Borrowed it from a friend to try and it was working great... Hopefully the new cable from HP would be good. Otherwise, I have to buy a cable in ebay....

HP Recommended
I recently picked up a second TouchPad from woot.com, and it arrived with a defective micro-USB cable. Swapped it with one of the many lying in my Electronics Closet, and it started to charge...

WyreNut
-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

im experiencing this issue with my tp. i have to press up the cable into the port in order to charge the tp. unfortunately, i dont have a spare micro cable to test it out. have to wait tonight to have my coworker bring hers to rule out the cable. hopefully it's the cable and not the port.

HP Recommended

confirmed usb cable is defective.

will request new one. hopefully, it will be a better one.

HP Recommended

Don't be too quick to determine it is a loose charge port or a bad USB cable. I have been working with a customer's TP now for three days. Here is what I see so far:

Takes a lot of fiddling of the charger cylinder, with twisting it off and then back on, wiggling the the USB cord, removing and reinserting the USB cord, until ALAS, it finally makes a connection. I have tried a number of USB cords, none of which seem to matter, including one of the heavy duty fabric bound ones. Once it is on, it works perfectly. The battery shows fully charged. Then I shut it down for the night. The next morning I get up, attempt to turn it on, and have to go through all the rig-a-ma-roll again.

I am sorry, but this thing is a piece of junk compared to the iPad. I have never had issues like this with my iPad or iPhones. I believe it is poor quality workmanship.

I did order a new USB charge port board for it and I will find out more once I actually open it up. The proof is in the pudding as the old saying goes. We will see what is going on once I get into it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.