Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 7 1800 Tablet
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

Whenever I start up my HP 7 1800 tablet, it shows the HP logo, then a USB icon shows up with a bar underneath it, and then it just sits there. I've tried doing the Power + Volume Up button method, but it just does the same thing! Sometimes, it just sits at the HP logo. I've even tried plugging it in. I also tried taking out the battery and putting it back in! If anyone can help me at all, that would be wonderful! Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GDBetaBoy59a8

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. With the tablet powered off, press and hold the volume up and power buttons at the same time.

2. When an HP logo appears on the screen, release the buttons.

After a few seconds, the DROIDBOOT PROVISION OS boot menu appears.

note:Screen rotation is disabled when the tablet is in recovery mode. Hold the tablet in landscape orientation.
    note:The touch screen is disabled when the tablet is in recovery mode. Use the volume up and volume down buttons to navigate up or down in the recovery menu, and use the power button to make a selection.
  3. Press the volume down button repeatedly to move the selection to RECOVERY.

note:

While in the DROIDBOOT PROVISION OS boot menu, the tablet screen goes black after approximately 30 seconds without input. To restore the screen, press one of the volume buttons.

Figure : RECOVERY

RECOVERY highlighted in DROIDBOOT PROVISION OS menu
  4. Press the power button to select.

After a few seconds, the Android system recovery menu appears.

5. Use the volume down button to move the highlighted selection to wipe data/factory reset.

Figure : wipe data/factory reset

wipe data/factory reset highlighted in Android system recovery menu
  6. Press the power button to select.

7. The screen displays Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. Use the volume down button to move the highlight down to Yes -- delete all user data.

Figure : Confirm wipe of all user data

Confirm wipe of all user data
  8. Press the power button to confirm and begin the reset.

9. A recovery system screen shows the reset process. Wait for the reset process to complete.

10. When the screen says Data wipe complete, highlight reboot system now, and then press the power button to select.

Figure : reboot system now

reboot system now

Wait for the tablet to reboot.

11. Set up the tablet.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've tried that, and whenever I click the power button to select Recovery, it just powers of the tablet! Thanks for the help though!

HP Recommended

@GDBetaBoy59a8

Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like hardware related issue, as we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.