Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Touchpad
WebOS / Palm OS
i have had the tablet put away for a long time. battery was completely dead. i charged it up completely and upon turning on i have to pick language and country, so i pick english/united states. then it goes to network for wifi, my internet network shows on list, i enter password, it connects then disconnects with window saying "please visit "http:/hpwebos.com/support" to help resolve this problem.

i did that but so much to read that i cant find my issue! and then theres no support number to contact?! just fustrating i need help, pleassssssseeeeeee
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Asharharsh ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Take the battery out, Press the power button for 30 seconds, Put the battery back in and try to turn it on.

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately (1), The Barachiel's response indicates that he did not read or understand your post or what your equipment/operating system is.

Unfortunately (2), HP abandoned webOS some years ago, and the reason you are unable to set up the device is that the webOS servers have been shut down.  HP's support agents really should know this, and say so, but when they venture into this board, you generally get "canned" responses.  However, there are many threads and posts in this board, about the subject.  There is also a "stickied" thread near the top of this board, about bypassing webOS setup, which links to an article on another site (here).  Sadly, the last time I checked there, most of the links to download the necessary files are dead. 

webOS Nation Forums might also lead you to current information about installing LuneOS onto your Touchpad.  I've looked at trying to do that, and frankly the instructions are a little too involved for me and seem to assume knowledge which I do not have.

It is indeed very sad.  My two TouchPads still work, and I have Android installed on both of them as well. Here is a place to start researching whether you can still do that.

Good luck.  If you have any success, I hope you'll post back here.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended

Salut
J'ai besoin de votre aide, j'ai un tableur que je ne sais pas utiliser, il me demande de visiter ce site hpwebos.com/support.
Je ne sais pas pourquoi
Peux-tu m'aider?

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

My tablet no working it’s showing language and where in from and then I put my WiFi in  and it sent me here

HP Recommended

Best advice is to toss your Touchpad and get a current device, like an Android tablet or iPad.  HP does not support webOS devices any longer and you will not be able to set it up the normal way.

If you still want to try to get your Touchpad working you need to bypass the normal Touchpad activation process because the HP webOS servers are shut down.  Try this thread at WebOS Nation, scroll down to post #13 for instructions and some links for the necessary downloads.  It is a very complicated process.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.