cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Adamzaid
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My windows 8 keys are not working

HP Recommended
Laptop
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
My windows 8 keys are not working.
1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,697 830 1,560
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Adamzaid,

Hi! Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

As I understand that the keyboard is not working.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details.

I need the exact model and product number of your laptop. How to find the product number.

Are you facing this issue only with few keys or all the keys are not working?

This could be a hardware or software issue and to identify that use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.

Follow the instructions in this article and run a test on your keyboard.

If the keyboard test fails that means it is a hardware issue and you need to contact HP Phone Support for further assistance.

If the keyboard test passes then follow the steps from this document to further troubleshoot the keyboard issue.

Keep me posted with the outcome.

I hope that the issue gets resolved without much hassle.

Cheers! 🙂

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation