cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dylan135
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

N rounding error

HP Recommended
hp12c financial calculator

when i plug in numbers for future, present value, and the interest rate it rounds the solutions for periods to a whole number. how do i change settings so that this value will be a decimal?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 185
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

It is not an error at all. Just a different way of doing the problem that is arguably more correct.

Discussion on this and how to get your decimal N can be found here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Calculators/Problems-solving-for-N-number-of-periods-on-HP-I2c/td-p/63... just a few items down in the forum at time of writing this. 🙂

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation