Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite 3X
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the last update of the system, the switching off button freezes up and also doesn't switch off the screen. After rebooting the phone it temporary begins to work.  Please check and correct the bug urgently or help to resolve my problem. Permanently working screen rises power consumption and drastically decreases battery life.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have the same issue from time to time the screen goes black and only turn on/off result. But after reboot and some time, AGAIN. This few days ago after last update (I think)

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
HP Recommended

I have the same problem on latest Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update version 10.0.15063.251. I'm using Wallet Folio Case and every time I want to close case I have to look if the screen is off. This is serious problem because screen after closing the case could be on for example for few hours! I already know that there is a problem but many people do not know. Please fix this problem. Thank you.

HP Recommended
I had the same problem. Put the folio case on. Everything was fine I thought. It was working fine for a while. Then I tried to us the phone screen was black. Did finger print and nothing. You could feel the vibration to come on but nothing. Had to hold down power, volume up and down to get phone to work again. THIS UPDATE IS TRASH....
HP Recommended

I also have this problem, the screen doesn't fully turn off and this applies whether the phone is in the case or not. Turning the phone off/on does seem to cure the problem but based on my observation only for a few moments until the screen next tries to time out and shut off at which case the wallpaper image remains clearly visible albeit with brightness reduced.

HP Recommended
Sound like a feature on Android called always on display. But my knowledge the X3 doesn't have that feature.
HP Recommended

Can confirm the same bug with the latest update on my elite x3. Whats worse, sometimes the screen stays black and the phone is of no use.

The only workaround is to hold the power button for several seconds to restart the phone.

HP, this is annoying. Fix please?

HP Recommended

I have the same issue from time to time the screen goes black and only turn on/off result. But after reboot and some time, AGAIN. This few days ago after last update (I think)

HP Recommended
And i confirm the same bug with the latest CU-update on my x3.
HP Recommended
This is the worst update for the X3. Phone is slow, keyboard dups letters, touchscreen doesn't respond sometimes (touch is off), video playback choppy, etc.....
HP Recommended
Wish I could go back to Anniversary update. Mote stable...
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.