Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Update, the blackouts were which such frequency that, as a last resort, I've backuped my phone to OneDrive via the settings>backup, making sure to separately backup individual apps like WhatsApp. This seems to have helped a bit. But after 3 days, one screen blackout occurred. I'm not sure, but things seem a bit more stable now.

Maybe it is the fingerprint Hello access playing tricks on me....anyone without using Windows Hello having these probs? I will try without for a couple of days...
HP Recommended

Hello

I am an IT-person at sloxsoft llc, florida, having HP 13-D116TU Envy - 6th Gen/.
This is one of my favorite laptop of all time but couple of days back
facing battery issue. can you please give me any suggestion.

Sincerely

HP Recommended
I have disabled both iris and fingerprint for a couple of days, I wouldn't sau there is any improvement. A lot of times there's confusion when unlocking since one is used to fingerprint.
Anyone tested next build?
HP Recommended

HP CAN YOU TEST YOUR LAST UPDATE BEFORE PUBLIC  ????? !!!!

HP Recommended

Having struggled for too long now I decided to go down the reset route. First round is to do a regular reset + restore, Next step will be reinstall with Windows recovery tool.

So far I'm not using the Iris or fingerprint feature. Made backup and reseted phone. "Feels" better. The only issue in 24 hrs has been that the screen stayed on - rebooted - fixed for now.

I believe that when one thing is wrong it is better to reboot immediately.

If this does not feel like a long term solution I will proceed with the recovery tool.

After that I will have to contact HP for advice, I really hope there is a new firmware coming soon.

HP Recommended

Follow up on the reset...

Resetting the phone was really doing no good. Last resort is the windows device recovery tool WDRT and a re-flash.

I did that last night and (fingers crossed) since then there har been NO issues at all.

If it continues to be stable I will attempt to start using the fingerprint sensor again.

HP Recommended

HP!!!!!!!! Are YOU reading this forum???? This is a major issue. Some of us who are still sticking to Windows Phone, we don't deserve to be treated like this. Please provide a soluton!!!

HP Recommended
USB port back working again. Really needed that to work. But still having SD card issue, phone restarts when shutting down phone, camera not working at times (restart to work), etc...
HP Recommended
Well, after a reflash a week ago, gave me some improvement, I have now switched to not use the wallet case, quite some improvement!
There is definitely something in the unlocking mechanism that creates the black screen. I'm down to a failure or two per week. ( reboot or hanging). Still waiting for some magic from HP. But the phone is useable again.
HP Recommended
I logged a support call for this problem and HP immediately sent me a replacement phone without asking any questions. After a day of using the new phone the same problem happened. I let them know and suggested it was most likely a driver issue. I tested both phones without the case and had no problems. When I let HP know of my findings, they just closed the case. They did not seem interested at all. It's a shame that such a mighty phone is let down by poor support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.