Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 10 G2 Tablet

My tablet keeps optimizing apps 1 of 2 at startup and then google play store stops working.  I have turned  off my auto update of apps and turned  on my battery saver.   Any help  would be appreciated.  Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Knittergirl

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the "Google Play Store".

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Hard Reset -

Press and hold down the power button for more than eight seconds. After the tablet fully shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then press the power button to turn on the tablet.

Step 2 Force stop the app, Wipe Cache and Data -

1) Go to Settings. Then navigate to Apps and find the tab for All.
2) Select Google Play Services and then go to FORCE STOP and stop the app. Then choose CLEAR CACHE

Step 3 Re-add the Google Account -

1) Go to Settings. Then choose Accounts.
2) Then select the account and then select the menu option or the 3 vertical dots located at the top-right of the screen. Then click on Remove account.
3) Reboot the tab and re-add the account. 

If the issue still persists, try resetting the tab. Refer to this document for steps.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestions.  I had already tried the first tow and did what you said about google and taking it out and adding it back in.  I restarted my tablet and it still says android updating optimizing one of two apps.  I also uninstalled google play store updates thinking that was the issuse since this started after the new update came out on 12/13/18.  That didn't help.  Now I'm trying to get play store updated and hope I don't make matters worse.  I'll keep working with it.  As long as it doesn't crash my tablet I guess I can live with it.  I just have to remember to turn it on 15 minutes before I want to use it which can be a real pain.  Have a good day.  Donna

HP Recommended

@Knittergirl

Thanks for replying. 

Have you tried resetting the tablet?

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was still trying to get google play store to update.  Since I uninstalled updates it won't update itself.  From all I've googled it sounds as if it should have updated automatically.   haven't tried to reset yet.  I was trying to avoid that.  I know I have to get my pictures and things backed up first, which is no problem.  What I worry about is when I look to reset it, it tells me I'll lose my google account.  Does that mean the browser will disappear?  I would have no idea how to get it back because I think it's the only browser on my tablet.   If I reset does it just return everything to the way it was when I first got my tablet?  I might just put up with the problem for a while.  Sometimes it's rough being a little computer literate but not enough to deal with some things.  Thank you for all your help and suggestions.  I really appreciate it.  Donna

HP Recommended

@Knittergirl

Thanks for getting back. Yes, the reset will delete the data. So, it recommended to back-it-up first. The Chrome browser will get re-installed on its own after the reset. There's no need to create another account. You will have to add your account back through settings once the reset is complete. 

Hope this answers your questions. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, One more question.  Should I choose factory reset or securely erase data?  I'm really nervous about doing this but I know I need to.  I'll plan on doing it this weekend when I have plenty of time to concentrate on it.  Thank you again for all the time you've taken to help me.  Have a good day.  Donna

HP Recommended

@Knittergirl

Thanks for getting back. Please select "Factory Data Reset".

Try those steps at your convenience. 

You too have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Well, I did a factory reset and I'll tell you something it might not be a big deal for young minds but for a 64-year-old woman it's stressful.  Anyways, I did it and i'm putting doing my best to get things updated and apps installed.  I have two questions.

1.  My keyboard won't sync with the tablet and it's making me use the touchscreen pad all the time.  How do I correct this.  I've looked at the setting and can't see anything and when I did the reset it didn't give me an option.

2.  When I do use the touchscreen it makes a beepy noise with every touch.  Is there a way to turn it off?

I'm sure these are simple fixes but right now my mind just can't figure it out.

Thank you for all your help with all of this.

Donna

HP Recommended

Guess what?  I think I got it.  I googled and found a HP youtube video.  I'm not trying to put the youtube app on but it keeps bringing up an error.  I'll keep trying.  Thanks for all your help with all my questions.  I really appreciate it.

Have a great day

Donna

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.