Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Palm Tungsten T5

Palm OS Garnet v. 5.4.5

When I search my T5 will only show  8 results.  If I hit "find more"  it blinks like it's looking for more and  just gives me the same 8 results.  My other T5 keeps giving me more results until there are no more to find ( it has stopped communicating with the PC so I'm forced to move on to another T5.   Also if I am in a contact's info and I use the down button to get to the bottom on the contact's info, that's as far as it will go.  The other T5 will the move on to the next contact.  My biggest problem is with the search results.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mo

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, it sounds like perhaps the Address Book database might be corrupted.  I would try these things, in this order of simplicity:

1. Press the Reset button on the back of the T5
  2. If you can Hotsync with this particular T5 and the data on your PC is good, try over-riding the data on the T5 by setting the Address Book Hotsync Conduit to Desktop Overwrites Handheld.
  3. Try an app called DbFixIt by Pimlico Software.  The free version will let you delete damaged records, and the registered version can repair damaged records.

Hope one of these helps.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended

I have tried to reset the device and reload the data.  I do have a T5 that is Hoy Syncing just fine.   The initial "find" still finds 8 items.  Pressing "find more" still seems to just start the find process over, it blinks the returns the same 8 items

I have done a factory reset then:

HotSync Desktop overrides Handheld - "find more" still does not work.

HotSync - sync the DT and HH - "find more" still does not work.

factory reset then:

entered 12 test entries by hand on fresh reset - "find more" still does not work.

factory reset then:

beam category from the T5 that "find more" does work on to the 2nd T5 - "find more" still does not work.

Tried doing all of this on a different computer.  Same problem

Is it some sort of simple setting I'm missing?  Something that needs to be done in the HotSync process?  I don't see how corrupt data could be there with a fresh install and hand entries.  I also have several T5's and I'm having the same problem on all of them

HP Recommended

I tried DbFixit.  It found no errors.  I have taken apart another T5 and put its docking connection with my Original T5 that will "find more".  So for now everything is working on my original T5.  I'm still looking for a solution if anyone has one 🙂   

"Find More"  still does not work on my 2nd T5.  One of the T5's I have purchased has KeyContacts on it.  I put  the KeyContacts app on my 2nd T5 and put  my contacts into KeyContacts.  On my 2nd T5 makes the "find more"  work when using KeyContacts (not in Palm Contacts).  However I get the dreaded "Trial" message and I can not edit my contacts.  And the maker Chapura is out of business since 2002.  Also KeyContacts does not sync with the Palm Desktop.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.