Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 360 2 in 1 Chromebook 14C
Chrome OS

Just got this Chromebook last week and was told I need a passive stylus. Not a 100% sure what is best to get and if capacitive is the same as passive. All I want it for is mainly scrolling and to close out browser tabs without having to push hard on the screen.  Can someone recommend a good one to get and does anyone use one with this exact Chromebook that they like? I found a couple on Amazon that are capacitive some have the eraser type thing on top one has the stylus on the bottom where when you click the pen in it turns into a stylus on the bottom and others you put some kind of clear disk on them. I am not familiar with any of these. My old Samsung Plus had a built in stylus it came with and had like a point so it might of been active not sure. Someone said this Chromebook takes a Passive (Active) USI Stylus and that HP used to make one and that no one carries them yet is that true?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Rose4uKY, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, what is the model number of the Chromebook you are using?

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I wrote HP  360 x 2in 1  model14C in the description above I thought. It's the new HP Chromebook. I was told I need a Passive USI and that no-one makes them yet and that HP made one way back and now you can't find one anywhere. HP mentioned to me one on Best Buy when I asked the question their but it's some rechargeable one for like 50 to 70 bucks which I don't need to spend for what I want it for.

HP Recommended

@Rose4uKY

Here's all you need to know about it:

A passive stylus (also known as a capacitive stylus) functions the same as your finger on the screen. 

Passive styluses do not require batteries, and they work on any touch screen device.

You may order the parts on the HP Parts Store, If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc as the part numbers are universal.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks but someone from HP commented to me at  Best Buy and said I need this one  We recommend using the HP Rechargeable USI Pen, 8NN78AA.  I was told the newer Chromebook needs a Passive USI not capacitive. I googled and read an article where Lenovo and Asus are coming out with one soon. And someone said no-one makes them yet except for HP makes this older one but I went to see how much it was and out of 9 reviews 1/2 were 1 star so I may wait before I buy but thanks for responding.

HP Recommended

@Rose4uKY

You're welcome!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.