Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
I installed a new 1TB hard drive, it passed the system diagnostic quick check. The legacy is disabled and I’m still receiving this message “please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk (3F0)”
@NTD1, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Perform an extensive test on the Hard Drive-
1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.
When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click Component Tests.
4. Click Hard Drive > Extensive test.
5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.
While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are
shown on the screen.
6. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) so you have it
available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in
Test Logs on the main menu.
Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
TEJ1602 I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community