Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ElitePad 1000 G2

Hi
I have one problem with my tablet.
From an error, I reseted the hard disk from bios. (secure hard reset).
Now i don't have an operating system installed.

I downloaded windows 8.1 from microsoft and i created a uefi usb bootable.
I used this software for automate download and create usb bootable: https://www.microsoft.com/ro-ro/software-download/windows8

The problem is.
USB Stick Was detected by tablet, but i can't install windows.
Touch don't work on windows install screen.
You have here photos from screen:

20464942_1261791453946447_131445801_o.jpg

20465139_1261791473946445_640604954_o.jpg

Touch don't work here.
If i entry on bios, touchscreen working.
But on windows install screen, i can't press any button.

Also, i tried with more windows, and i have same problem. I can't press any button on windows install.

You can help me?
Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This is how I was able to finish the installation process. I used a USB Hub. I connected a keyboard and the bootable USB 2.0 drive to navigate through the menu. Thank you for your post, it actually allowed me to create a USB installer that was bootable. Other USB medias i made was not bootable. I followed your instructions and boom. i'm good! no more bricked tablet.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.