Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I just picked up a new HP Veer 4G (P160UNA), and have an AT&T Go SIM chip in it. I started the phone, and it asked me to create a profile. After entering the info, it goes to a 'Checking Email' page, and after a minute or two says it was unable to create a profile. I am at wit's end trying to get this phone to work. I only have two options after this screen, Try Again or Enter Phone Settings. At the Enter Phone Settings screen, it asks me for an Internet APN, Login, and Password. I've used just about every version of this info I can find online, and nothing works. (wap.cingular, etc)

It recognizes the SIM chip, I can make calls from it using the "Emergency Call" option. But I cannot access the phone at all. Any help? Or am I screwed?

Post relates to: HP Veer p160una (AT&T)
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi and welcome to the HP Support Community.

Your "new" HP Veer runs webOS which is no longer a supported operating system.  HP pulled the webOS servers several years ago, and you will not be able to create a new profile.  

Your best bet is to see if you can return the phone for a refund.  If not, yeah I think you're screwed.  You can review the link in this thread and maybe try to bypass the activation steps, but the last time I looked some of the links there longer work, either.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Palm-and-WebOS/How-to-Bypass-activation-without-the-HP-servers/td-p/51...

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.