cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
VKSitanshu
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Re: need to update operating system for HP 7 tablet.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP slate7 voice tab, and I was happy till a last few days back while using this, S/R 6CY4378XMV, Product No HSTNH-B20C.

Now my device has lagging issue, and the service center has denied to update the OS as it is out of warranty and product is too old, I am unable to reset it by my own, it is throwing error.

So just wanted to check if I need to dump it (as per the service center reply) or will I get supoort on OS so that I can use the device.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,947 2,577
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VKSitanshu,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article to reset the tablet to factory settings and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-slate-7-tablet/5373939/document/c03678325

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
VKSitanshu
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset factory settings throws error and then after several boot it displays main screen.

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,947 2,577
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VKSitanshu,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation