Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
14-p010nr
Android 5 Lollipop and older

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had the Recovery for the 14-p010nr. I was also wondering if i am able to update it to Lolipop or Oreo, and overall, if theres a version of a custom recovery that will work that would be awesome!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@WolfWillful

Welcome to our humble abode, the family and tech-friendly house of HP Forums!

I'll be your host for the day, they call me the Riddle_Decipher.

Usually, the recovery partition is inbuilt within the device shipped, if you aren't able to use the backup & reset,

here's all you need to know about resets:

Resetting your HP SlateBook x2 restores the original factory settings, removing all stored Google Accounts and erasing all stored data. All locally saved files, apps, and saved networks are deleted. If possible, back up important files, either on the Web or with an external storage device, before resetting the notebook. The Google Accounts themselves, and any data synced to the Web are not affected by a reset.

You can reset the notebook with the power turned off or on. If the notebook boots normally and you are able to access the settings menu, use the steps in Resetting with the notebook powered on. If the notebook does not boot normally, or if you do not remember the notebook's lock screen password, use the steps in Resetting with the notebook powered off.

NOTE:

Depending on the version of Android installed on your tablet, some of the images in this document may not match your tablet exactly.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

That said, you can only upgrade to a higher version if the upgrade is available for download/installation on the system updates or the HP website: Click here to verify.

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your response, but i dont have the  HP SlateBook x2, i have another model of the slatebook. and somehow my recovery has become corrupted, i can still load into the OS, so in order to flash the new recovery, i just need the file. but it is nowhere to be found. I am looking to get farther into learning about android and thought this would be a great developer item, but the Recovery is locked and I cant flash an alternate bios to even attempt an upgrade. it just seems to be a lack of software support. 

HP Recommended

@WolfWillful,

I read your response and it is great to hear from you. Your efforts and patience are greatly appreciated. As @ Riddle_Decipher is out for the day, I am replying to you. As you need to perform a recovery, You will need the recovery media. 

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thanks and have a great day ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.