cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Leslex
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Reset hp2210 tablet

HP Recommended
Hpx2210
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Reset to factory settings but because secondhand cannot access bitlocker code any help would be much appreciated

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,837 21,796 966 1,006
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Leslex

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

BitLocker is a Microsoft software designed to protect your PC against offline attacks, unauthorized access typically if your PC gets stolen. BitLocker (Document might say windows 7 but its the same method for windows 10) is full disk encryption software.  BitLocker was activated by someone and during the PC activation time, it prompts the user to save/store the key in a safe place.

• Make sure you remove all the peripherals from this computer - unplug mouse/keyboards/any cables or accessories.
  • Press and hold the power-on button for 5-10 seconds until the computer powers off. Wait a few seconds and press the power button once to start the computer. Does it start fine now?
  • If it still doesn't start, power off the computer again. Start it and immediately begin hitting the Esc button repeatedly. HP Startup menu should come up. Press F10 to open BIOS and attempt to restore the BIOS settings to default ones.  Save the changes and restart. (suggested by IT_WinSec)

If it still prompts for the key - try logging into the Microsoft account. There are password recovery options here >> https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

This option has an option for a forgotten username, as well. Select "I know my password, but can't sign in" option and you will be able to log in via means of the phone number, etc... If you used your mobile phone number, this may help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation