cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DigiAngel
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Status of Linux on the HP Stream 7

HP Stream 7
Linux
Just putting this out here....any status on Linux on the HP Stream 7? I've gone through the other threads here...the end results was Ubuntu Mate working only with kb/mouse, but no touchscreen, which kind if defeated the point of a tablet. Now that Ubuntu 15.10 is out, has anyone tried this?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
espressobeanie
6 5 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not yet. I guess there are not enough HP Stream 7 tinkerers out there. Here's the biggest problem. How do you go about creating a bootable device or network setup to allow the alternative OS to get booted? I tried a USB drive with Windows 10 x64, no dice. The other option is a PXE boot server hosting the image you want to install witha  microUSB to Ethernet dongle. I don't have the patience to obtain such a dongle to test, but if someone else does, I'd like to hear what they found.

0 Kudos
Level 10
1,583 1,573 133 307
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The touchscreen and battery indicator are working well with the newly released Ubuntu MATE 16.04 LTS.  I updated the installation instructions here.

Level 10
1,583 1,573 133 307
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FYI, there is a new thread started for Ubuntu 18.04 on the Stream tablet.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation