Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 8 (5901)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

My touch screen has recently stopped working properly. In System under Control Panel, and under Pen and Touch, it says "Limited Touch Support With 5 Touch Points." I need to bring back full touch support, as this is a tablet computer. I can access all the functions with a detached bluetooth keyboard and mouse, so I can make necessary changes that way. I don't know where the "5 Touch Points" are, but touching  the screen produces either very erratic results or none at all. I've tried updating all the drivers with no luck. I can't even get beyond the password screen without using my bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

I thought I had posted this a few days ago, but it doesn't show up on this board, and I haven't received any email alerts about replies.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I did not see a previous post on this.  If you have not already, try reinstalling the Intel Chipset driver, reboot and then reinstall the Goodix touchscreen driver.  Also, if you hold the volume down button while powering up to enter the System Setup menu, press F2 to run the diagnostics, I think there may be a test there for the touchscreen.

HP Recommended

I do believe I've found the problem. It was the Windows Critical Update installed on March 13. Luckily I had a restore point on March 10. I went back to that point and everything seems to work now, although it still says Limited Touchscreen Support With 5 Touch Points in my System Properties.

Is there a way to automatically create a restore point before Windows automatically installs an update? For now, I am going to NOT allow automatic downloads and updates, instead choosing to be notified about available updates. Then I can manually create a restore point before allowing the download and update.

Thanks for your reply.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.