Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,I am facing this bad issue. The system app in my laptop uses 100 disk and sometimes even memory goes up

It has caused my system to slow down. It stays at 100 for longer time... Kindly help in resolving issue

Laptop: Hp pavilion 15

Ram: 4GB

HDD:1 Tb

Processor: Core i5 7th gen

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Syfaro,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,

• Have you run complete hardware diagnostics on the computer to eliminate hardware failure?
  • Did this happen after a windows or software update do you remember?
  • Have you run virus and spyware scans on the machine?

• For a start, please perform complete hardware diagnostics on the computer to ensure that the hardware is fully functional.
  • If any failure code gets displayed for a failed component, then please make a note of it. The computer needs to be serviced as it could have a hardware failure. Please run both extensive tests and component tests. It takes about 2 hours to run.
  • If all the tests pass, then please run virus and spyware scans with very reliable security software to quarantine them or delete them if found.
  • Next thing, I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform a Windows update:

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, chipset and graphics card drivers on your computer from  HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
    2) Check for updates. 
    3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

• Later please perform all the prescribed steps from this document for slow performance issues. Please perform only those steps that have not been done yet by you.
  • Also please perform all the prescribed steps from this document HP PCs - Using Task Manager (Windows 10, 😎
  • Please check which process is eating up CPU and computer resources and make a note of it Then follow all the steps mentioned in the document to try and resolve the issue.
  • Please check this Microsoft document for enhancing performance issues and perform the relevant steps.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.