cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cehlinger
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

TPM issues

HP Recommended
Hp envy x2 11g080ef
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
I wanted to reinitialize my HpEnvy x2 11-g080ef
as I had different issues. It is computer running windows 8 upgraded to windows 8.1. So i used my self made usb recovery key to reinstall. The process started properly but after a while i had this message "A configuration change was requested to clear this computer tpm press vol_up to clear the tpm press vol_down to reject this change request and continue.." and now whatever i do pressing the vol_down key ou even vol_up nothing is happening. I cannot even enter into the bios anymore no reactions at all. It is like the pc is dead !
I went through solutions posted in the hp forum like using a USB keyboard ( nothing happened) then restarted the notebook holding the power and the vol_down+up for at least 5s . It started and then came off again and the bios did not load as expected. Now I really stuck and don't know what to do anymore.
Can you please help ? I just have a dead machine.
thank you
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,383 39 123
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so the power on F11 key is dead.

called HP restore.

that be first if windows goes infected.

does the ESC key work , i bet it does. but does it?   BIOS entry,

does the BIOS< HDD test pass?

and more.. later. we cant see your screens finger moves so....

NO warranty answers by me.
0 Kudos
Cehlinger
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for your answer but unfortunately none of the keys are working tried esc, f1to f12 del .., and when I do what I read on the forum previously, pressing together volup and voldown key with the power for at least 5s to try to enter into the bios, the notebook starts ( light on) and then stops again.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation