Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 10.1" HD IPS Quad-Core 16GB

I have had my tablet since March of 2016 with no problem except lately.  It seemed to be shutting down unexpectedly - not because of power loss.  But 3 days ago it decided it would not charge.  I've used the same cord for the entire time - we did try every other cord in the house and nothing works.  It isn't happy and neither am I.

Please help!

Kristy S

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Not charging is usually a sign of physical damage, either to the charger and cord or the Micro USB port on the tablet itself.

Since you've tried changing the cord, we can rule that out.  Can I assume you are still using the original charger brick?  Tablets cannot use phone chargers since most of them do not provide enough current (2 amps) of DC current.

Is the port loose or "wobbly"?

Since it's still under warranty, I would suggest contacting HP about repair/replacement.

To contact HP directly, click this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/support.html

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.