Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have 2 Touchpad wireless keyboards that we have not used for a bit and pulled them out this weekend. One worked for a little while, i.e. green light would come on at light switch on back. Then nothing. 

Pulled out the second one and it worked the rest of the evening. On the next day it failed also. Batteries have been swapped, tried different brands etc.  nothing.

Very odd that both will not turn on now.

HP any thoughts? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Your question now resides in the webOS section of the Forum.  Are you asking a webOS-related question, or does this issue refer to another HP device (like a standalone keyboard?)

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the reply,

It was my intent to put this in the Webos section: 

HP Support Forum Home-Other HP Products-Webos Hardware/Software-Touchpad wireless keyboard.

Is there another section?

IMO,   this is not a Webos software issue. It is a HP hardware problem. I look forward to getting the issues resolved.

All the best

HP Recommended

So to review:

1. You have been using an HP tablet (known as the TouchPad) with two wireless keyboards that most likely are sending via BlueTooth.

2. Said keyboards appear to now be dead.

Can you give me the model number of the keyboards?  Hard to believe they both went dead at almost the same time!

Do you have the instructions for the keyboards?  Is there a special pairing routine that has to be followed to gain access to the TouchPad.  This usually includes certain button presses to place it into pairing mode.

I'm using an ancient Palm Folding BlueTooth keyboard right now to type this reply!   🙂

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes we have 2 HP wireless keyboards that were intially sold as an accessory for Touchpads. However, they can be used with anything that has bluetooth.

The only instructions are very brief, turning it on, and paring.

The issue is that neither will even turn on. I agree , odd that both are doing this.

thanks for your help

Material  number# 661579-001 

SKU   FB344AA#AC3   Use this to look it up  online

HP Recommended

Thanks for the model #, I found the limited instructions you mentioned.

I'm an Electrician/Electronic Tech by trade, and can only suggest the simple things:

- Check the polarity of the batteries.  Make sure the new ones are inserted correctly.

- Check the battery contacts inside the compartment.  See if there is any corrosion that can be scraped clean.

- Be sure the replacement batteries are good!  Check them with either a meter, flashlight, or some other device that uses the same size battery.

The instructions state: "Turn the keyboard off, and back on to restart pairing mode".  I'd try that a few times with my TouchPad (or any SmartPhone) searching for a BlueTooth connection at the same time.

Good luck!  I enjoy using this tiny keyboard with my HP Tablets!

WyreNut

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.