Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-da0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ive been using this laptop for a year and had this problem before but when I restart my laptop it would usually stop. This time it didnt.

Ive looked up solutions and saw things like "Go to device manager, go to your mouse and right click on properties, update the driver" but when attempting to update the driver and clicked find auto software updates online, it gets stuck there and I have to use task manager to close it.

If it helps, Ive had the occasional issue of Service Host: Network Service taking up most of my cpu and looked up solutions. A few answers didnt help as others did such as using command prompt (I used Powershell) to do something and doing a clean boot by removing services except for Microsoft ones.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@FifaStreet,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the two and three-finger scrolling is not working.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you uninstall the touchpad driver from the device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Follow the below steps to configure the two and three fingers scrolling.

1. Search Windows for TouchPad.

From the results list click TouchPad settings.

2. Click Additional settings.

Clicking Additional settings on the Touchpad window

3. Open the TouchPad or ClickPad Settings.

ClickPad settings

4. Two-Finger Scrolling is located under MultiFinger Gestures. If you do not see Two-Finger Scrolling, click the Arrow icon  to the left of the MultiFinger Gestures checkbox.

5. Two-Finger Scrolling. If the checkbox next to Two-Finger Scrolling does not contain a check mark, click the checkbox until a check mark displays to enable scrolling.

Two-Finger Scrolling on the properties page

6. Click the Settings icon  to adjust scrolling settings. You can make the following adjustments:

• Scrolling speed - Adjusts the speed of scrolling.

• Enable vertical scrolling - Allows scrolling by sliding your fingers up or down on the touchpad.

• Enable horizontal scrolling - Allows scrolling by sliding your fingers left or right on the touchpad.

• Enable reverse scrolling direction - Changes the direction of scrolling.

• Enable EdgeMotion when scrolling - Continues scrolling when your fingers reach the edge of the touchpad.

• Enable Coasting - Continues scrolling after you lift your fingers off the touchpad.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.